How do I connect my iPad WiFi (without GPS) to my iPhone?
With the iPad WiFi model it is unfortunately not possible to get your current position on the water, as this model doesn’t have a GPS chip for location determination. With the so-called Assisted GPS , the iPad can only roughly estimate positions over the Internet.
However, you can share the GPS location of your iPhone with the iPad via Bluetooth. And this is how it works:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both iPhone and iPad
- Open the Nautical Maps app on both devices
- Go to your Nautical Maps profile on your iPhone (at the bottom right in the menu bar in the app)
- Tap on ‘Devices’ and switch on ‘Share GPS with iPad WiFi-only models’
- After a few seconds the connection will be established and you will see a message: ‘Connection established!’
- You can now close this message. Tap on the ‘Map’ icon at the bottom left in the menu bar to return to the maps
Warning: the iPhone must always be within the Bluetooth range of the iPad (approximately 2 to 3 metres).