How do I connect my iPad WiFi (without GPS) to my iPhone?
Unfortunately, the iPad WiFi doesn’t give your accurate location on the water. That’s because this model doesn’t have a GPS chip. Instead, it uses something called Assisted GPS to give a rough estimate of your position via internet.
But the good news is you can share the GPS location of your iPhone with your iPad via Bluetooth. Here’s how:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both iPhone and iPad.
- Open the Nautical Maps app on both devices.
- Go to your Nautical Maps ‘Profile’ on your iPhone (at the bottom right in the menu bar in the app).
- Tap on ‘Devices’ and switch on ‘Share GPS with iPad WiFi-only models’.
- After a few seconds the connection will be established and you’ll see the message: ‘Connection established’.
- You can now close this message. Tap on the ‘Map’ icon at the bottom left in the menu bar to return to the maps.
Warning: your iPhone must always be within Bluetooth range of the iPad (approximately 2 to 3 metres).