< Terug naar FAQ
How do I connect my iPad Wi-Fi (without GPS) to my iPhone?
Unfortunately, the iPad Wi-Fi doesn’t give your accurate location on the water, as this model does not have a GPS chip for location tracking. With the so-called ‘Assisted GPS’, the iPad can only roughly estimate positions via the Internet. You can also use an external GPS module (recommended). Click here for more information.
However, if you have an iPhone, you can share the GPS location of your iPhone with your iPad via Bluetooth. Here’s how this works:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both iPhone and iPad
- Open the Nautical Maps app on both devices
- Go to your Nautical Maps ‘Profile’ on your iPhone (at the bottom right in the menu bar in the app)
- Tap ‘Devices’ and switch on ‘Share GPS with iPad Wi-Fi-only models’
- After a few seconds the connection will be established and you will see the message: ‘Connection established’
- You can now close this message. Tap the ‘Map’ icon at the bottom left in the menu bar to return to the maps
Warning: your iPhone must always be within Bluetooth range of the iPad (approximately 2 to 3 metres).